Your privacy is important to us.
Wonderlit Education Centre Pte Ltd is committed to keeping Personal Data provided to us confidential. We collect, use and disclose such information only for the purposes for which it was collected, and in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
By providing Personal Data to Wonderlit through channels of collection not limited to websites, mobile or online services, emails, phone conversations and face-to-face interactions, you shall deem to have given consent and be bound by this Policy and any other amendments to this Policy as may from time to time occur.
Wonderlit collects and holds Personal Data so that we can provide an experience that is prompt, efficient and customised to your needs and requirements. Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to the following:
- personal information about you and your family member, which may include names, identification particulars, contact details, preferences, health information, family background, educational information, demographic data, payment details and transaction history;
- information and data generated in the course of any continual relationship with Wonderlit, for example, instructions given by you to arrange class enrolments, transfers, replacements, withdrawals, and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication including mail, telephone, SMS, fax, email, internet, surveys and market research;
- video footage, still images, or audio recordings of you and our students recorded in the course of any classes, programmes or lessons conducted, events or other services rendered by Wonderlit’s staff or contractors; and
- information from cookies, other technologies deployed for the analysis of website usage or other information technology applications used by Wonderlit.
Wonderlit uses, discloses or processes Personal Data collected to fulfil the following purposes:
- handling enquiries on programmes, registration and admission matters and activities;
- administering support to students, monitoring and reporting on their progress and wellbeing;
- providing information about events, activities, programmes and talks offered at Wonderlit studio;
- giving information on promotional offers and launch of new products and services;
- conducting surveys and evaluations, and handling complaints and feedback;
- offering any other updates relating to Wonderlit which may be relevant in maintaining or managing our ongoing relationships;
- driving promotional and marketing campaigns whether online or offline, in social media, print or electronic copies of newsletters and brochures, promotional video and print advertisements;
- facilitating product development and service refinements through market research and analysis;
- operating management information system and other systems for record-keeping, quality control, training and case investigations;
- generating financial, regulatory and management reports;
- performing internal and external audits;
- enforcing or defending the rights of Wonderlit, its employees, officers and directors; and
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any regulatory authority.
Transfer of Data to Third Parties
Personal Data may be transmitted by Wonderlit to data storage facilities or third-party service providers.
For such instances, we will make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to your Personal Data.
Authorised Third Parties shall sign a contract or a letter of undertaking with Wonderlit to ensure that the data is used purely for the intended purpose of providing the required service, and are required to undertake the appropriate measures to safeguard the data and adhere to the PDPA requirements.
Wonderlit will retain your Personal Data in accordance with legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations.
Right of Access
You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data held by us and to request for any inaccurate Personal Data to be rectified. A request can be submitted in writing, by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may be prevented by law from complying with any request that you may make. We may therefore decline any request that you may make if the law prevents us to do so. Wonderlit reserves the right to charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Data. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and respond to your request after payment is received.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to opt out of receiving information or a particular mode of contact regarding news and updates on programmes, events, workshops, talks and other marketing promotional activities organised by us, you may click on the link provided on our website to obtain the PDPA Withdrawal of Consent form or write to email@example.com. Until the request is processed, please note that you may still receive information from us.
Notwithstanding your withdrawal of consent, you shall receive from Wonderlit information, reminders, invoices or notices pertaining to my child(ren)’s classes and other information that is necessary for Wonderlit to communicate with you regards to your child(ren).
- Implement relevant security measures to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure, use or access; and
- inform affected individuals about any accidental or unauthorised access of their data which may lead to damage or harm.
If you are aware of any actual or potential breach of security in relation to Personal Data, please report the breach to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IP Address Information & Cookies
When you access our website, we may automatically collect non-personal statistical data about your computer (including your IP address, operating system, browser) for system administration / maintenance purposes to enable us to improve our website, for an example, determine browsing patterns or how visitors use the site. As with most websites, our websites contain “cookies” to improve the online experience. Cookies store some data on your computer to automatically recognise your PC the next time you visit. The data collected does not identify any individual and is entirely anonymous.
Information provided over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Wonderlit takes a very serious view of the protection of our customers’ data collected through our websites and through our mobile services applications. All reasonable steps shall be taken to protect data collected; however, we cannot fully guarantee the security of data submitted electronically and it is therefore provided via these means at the customer’s own risk. Be assured that we shall provide appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect data that is collected on our servers.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Wonderlit shall not be liable in any event for any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind or for any loss of reputation or goodwill, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, strict liability, statute or otherwise, suffered as a result of unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure of your personal data.
This Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.